Good Quotes

"I think Eskimos are smug."

Chuck (Anger Management)

Monday, September 1, 2008

Alfords Evacuate

Gustav. We hate you.

I am watching the local news coverage of Hurricane Gustav here in north Mississippi with the family. We evacuated on Saturday morning. Way before it got too crazy with contraflow and all that. I am so glad to hear Gustav has weakened just before it made land fall this morning. I am so relieved we are not there right now.

8 months pregnant + tornados + no power + limited groceries/gasoline =MISERY
No thank you.

The news coverage is still scary to watch from way up here. The weather reporters are spread out all over Louisiana and almost falling over from the wind gusts as they use words to describe the weather like "hammered" (Neil thought that one was funny), "pounded", and "feisty" (my favorite adjective).

All of this hurricane planning is very new for us since we have only been living in Louisiana for one year now. Pretty scary.

We will return when our neighbors and friends who stayed can give us a good report of the town and that we have power back on.

Be safe in Louisiana!

3 comments:

Amy Jordon said...

Hang in there, Sarah! you are very close to holding Candice in your arms. So sorry you guys had to drive from LA to MS two weeks from your C-date! You're great.

LT (and Max) said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET CANDICE!!!!

Amy Jordon said...

Hey Sarah, according to your countdown you have a just a few hours until your delivery. Praying for you and your candice... and matt!(: