Good Quotes

"I think Eskimos are smug."

Chuck (Anger Management)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hi, remember us?

So much to share. Just leave the site if this is too much for you.

Matthew and I bought a house. For the FIRST TIME. After renting for the last 5 years, I am so relieved. I also feel very. . . . grown up now. Like I could just tell people, "Hey. Don't talk to me like that. I just bought a freakin' house, what have you done lately?" We are still busy decorating and getting everything just the way we like it. Thanks to the Alford clan, we were moved and unpacked in one day. We have done several little home projects already. Those activities. . . don't usually go well with us since we both want to be in charge. However, neither of us has quit a job or whispered "shut up" under our breath even once. So beautiful. Love the new house. If we know and like you, please come visit.

I have offended the waterfowl population in Louisiana. Badly. I am sure the Conservation Police are coming for me since I was recently involved in the death of a duck. Absolutely true. It was terrible. The duck flew into the side of my car just outside my neighborhood. The death was sudden, but not clean. Nasty all over the side of my car. I get out to look at the damage and see that my side mirror is hanging by a thread. Don't forget about the nasty all over the side of my car. I also look over and see the duck's two other friends giving me a dirty look that says, "You gonna kill us too?" I had to go back home and switch cars and let Matthew deal with the nasty/broken mirror issues. I do love animals, but I was more angry at the duck than sad about him dead. Oh yeah, he landed in someone's front lawn. But. . .I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't knock on their door at 7:30am to tell them about the dead duck. Then, I couldn't bring myself to do it that night either. Surely they would notice it. Nope. The duck is still there. Gross. Who doesn't notice a dead duck in their yard?

My unborn Candice Anne is not as dainty as her name might insinuate. She is currently 5.5 lbs. when all books/websites report babies at this stage should be approximately 3.75 lbs. Hm. We will call her "healthy". If she continues to be "healthy" she will reach 10 lbs. by her due date. 10 lbs. is alot of baby. Have you ever given birth? Was your baby 10 lbs.? Try walking around all day with that big, I mean healthy, baby in your belly. Shopping is actually becoming less fun to me. I am carrying a lot of weight around these days. Check out my latest belly pic in the margin! She is doing well and I will post pictures of her nursery when I am done. You are going to want to live in there. It is so cool.

I had a wonderful group of family and friends give me a shower recently. I was so honored and got completely spoiled! Candice is well on her way to having everything a little princess might need. I will post some pictures when I get them from some picture-takers at the shower. We had so much fun. Thank you to all of the family and very special friends that made that day so special to me. I was lucky enough to have Janell come from Tennessee and Laura, Emily (who should have won the clothespin game), Amy, and Miss Debbie come from Starkville, MS. I was so excited that all of you could make it! Gift that made me cry the most: My mom made a quilt for Candice and it was so special when I realized that she made it herself. Thanks Mom!

Matthew and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! We met 11 years ago in college at Mississippi State University (Go Dawgs!) and I have a hard time finding the words to explain how much I love him. There is no one like him and that is a shame for all you single girls out there. We didn't go on a trip, considering I am in the third trimester with our healthy daughter. We went to eat in Baton Rouge at Juban's. It was a lovely restaurant and we ate way too much. We will have to reserve a big anniversary celebration/vacation when I am not busy growing a baby.

Professor Matthew also had a birthday in July and is still shopping for his birthday gift. I bought him this t-shirt to give him on his big day. Gotta love the Karate Kid. Anyway, his official gift is an obnoxiously-large flat screen television of his choice. Being the economics teacher and the first-born, he is putting alot of research into this purchase before he makes the buy. Good job baby. Now, hurry up so we can watch the Sound of Music in HD.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you - great job on catching up!! ...but... Where's The New Picture of Candice Anne??
Donna Anne

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

1. Congrats on the house! That is so exciting.
2. Who cares about a dead duck anyway? Must have been a dumb duck to dive bomb right into the side of your car. Maybe next time he'll look where he's going.
3. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery (and the new house too)
4. I totally should have won the clothespin game.
5. Happy Anniversary!!! Hooray for five years.
6. That is exactly what Jack bought himself for his bday. After lots of research and consideration, we went with a giant LCD. I have to say, I approve. And Candice will love watching the backyardigans in HD.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Oh my goodness! You are back!!!

So excited to see a new post on here. Emily said your shower was so much fun. I wanted to be there!

Can't wait to see pictures of your house and nursery! MISS YOU.

Anonymous said...

I forot how much I laugh when reading your updates. Your belly brought tears to my eyes. I just pray that Candice Anne does not make an early entrance so I can see you "glowing" in person when I arrive in 34 days!

See you soon...Candice Gale

Amy Jordon said...

Hey Sarah!
Congrats again on the house. I can't wait to see your "healthy" baby! I always hit things with my stomach during the last trimester b/c it sticks out so far! It was so great to see you the other day at your shower. And congrats on 5 years!

Karen said...

I followed your blog from LT and Max. In this one you mentioned has anyone had a 10 lbs baby. I have to admit I had a 10 lb 11 ounce, 11 lbs and 8 ounces and 11 lbs and 14 ounces. First one was a c-section the other two were vbac. Sorta amazing HUH? Good luck!