I have been tagged by Meredith. I should list some facts about me. Here we go. Will this ruin my rep?
On a related note. . .
2. I have 2 interesting facts about my nose: (1) I have an extraordinary ability to detect smells. Yes, this is both a blessing and a curse. I will be the first to detect something burning in my kitchen before any real damage can be done(blessing). Also, it doesn't matter if you change your baby's diaper in the other room, I am ready to vomit (curse). (2) My nostrils are miniature. I had a bad accident as an infant and had to have my nose fixed. For some reason, my doctor designed it so my nose holes would always be infant-sized. How does this bother me? Well, my nose itches pretty much all day, I sneeze at least 3 times a day, and my pinky finger is the only finger that can fit. There you go. This is fun. And liberating. Moving on.
3. My very first job was dressing up as Twinkie the Kid and passing out toys at a gas station grand opening. I had to stand on the corner of a busy street in Memphis, TN and wave to people in traffic. The outfit was a full body mascot-like thing, with a huge Twinkie head that I almost suffocated in due to the summer heat. I made $6.50/hr. and am crushed that I do not have a photo from that day.
4. In high school, a friend invited me to play on her church's basketball team. I had never played before, but agreed anyway. Should be fun. The first game I played in, I shot a basket on the wrong goal. The. Wrong. Goal. Do you know how long it takes to run the length of the court to shoot on the wrong goal? All the while your coach, teammates, and fans are yelling at you "STOP!, NO!" There was enough time to stop, but I was in the "zone."I must have thought all the screaming was just cheers for the rookie and her fast break.
5. I cannot do math in my head. At all. I don't just mean higher-level math. I have a hard time adding and subtracting in my head. I only worked in retail once and I avoided the cash register like the plague. I know, I know, the register does the work for you. What would I do if it broke suddenly and I had to make change? Die, that's what. I try not to borrow money from people because it always ends up where they say, "Well, just keep this $1.50 and just pay me back $10 next you have it. Or, you could take this $5 from me and then you will just owe me $7.50 next time. What do you think?" This is where I say "Uh, I don't know. Just decide." I can assure you, if I make the decision, somebody is getting screwed out of some money. And it could be me. My ignorance is not bias at all. Simple math kind of feels like I am taking the analytical portion of a standardized test. Ick!
That concludes my list. I tried to select some little known facts. I know most of you already knew these little bits of Sarah Trivia.
Is it time for Mardi Gras break yet? I tag anyone who wants to go next!
5 comments:
Wow, wow, wow. So much I never knew about you. How have I never noticed your tiny nostrils and how did you breathe through them in the twinky suit?
lifes little mysteries...
1. don't be ashamed about holding your nose when you dive. i can't even dive AT ALL.
2. i never knew about your tiny nostrils either. you have such a cute little nose. :)
i miss you.
SARAH. One question. Are you able to FLARE said nostrils? Because THAT, my friend, is ALL that matters.
Hi- let's talk soon. It has been entirely too long.
Birthday GIRL!!!
Check your voicemail and my blog!
I love youuuuuuuuuu!!!
Post a Comment