Ok, I'm back. Ummm. Excuse me? I don't need you getting impatient. I am quite busy being unemployed right now. Have you ever been unemployed? Yeah, well it is a time consuming task. Whatever.
Now, I present to you a few things to know about Hammond:
I love the food, and more importantly the name, of this restaurant.

Lions, Tigers & Beer
Get a sandwich, get a burger, get some cheese fries (they're excellent), just get in there. As a bonus, all the staff wear t-shirts that say "Oh my!" on the front. Too cute. Big screen TV with LSU and SELU decorations. Also, my good friend Crissy would appreciate that there is a container of Tony Chachere's seasoning on every table. [Crissy always carries Tony's in her purse in case she comes across any so-so type food.] Louisiana is calling you girl. We've got it covered.
A friend once told me about the drive-thru daiquiri shops in Louisiana, but I thought it must have been just a brief trend in the 80's. Not so.
Hammond has at least two drive-thru daiquiri stops. Yes, that's drive-thru and get your daiquiri.
Hmm. Something is wrong with this picture. . . . .
So, I actually haven't tried the daiquiris here yet, but they must be good b/c the place is packed all the time.
I do get a little nervous everytime I drive by wondering if patrons really wait until they get home to taste their frozen treat. Scary!
Matthew spotted the girl wearing the face visor. She had on a red one this time. Cool.
5 comments:
oh how i remember the lions, tigers and beer story. can you get me a tshirt please?
miss you.
Oh My! I have a great idea. When I run for governor of Louisiana, I'm going to do my damndest to make sure people drink and drive.
Wait...drive through daquari stands arleady exist. Maybe I'll go for a cocaine cafe or something.
jack's grandfather makes his wife carry "lemon peppa" seasoning in her purse. i always thought that was so weird. i guess he's not alone.
Haha! I have to have something with me always to spice up the food! I now have a container of the stuff in my desk at work! I need to pack up and move to LA where they at least have cajun food!!! Miss ya!!!!
ok i have a confession to make. we went to wise guys quite frequently in high school and jr. college. yes, i said high school - LA is clearly very strict on underage drinking.
yikes.
p.s. Sarah, next time I go home to McComb, I'm totally taking you to wise guys. done and done.
Post a Comment