When I get my hair cut/highlighted, I have to point to my head and say, "Hey! Notice anything different?" to get any sort of reaction from my husband. I can't just say, "What do you think?". I must include hand motions and pointing fingers to guide him to the item(s) in question. Not because he doesn't want to say something (he knows that saying something is the right thing), he just does not notice. At all. The man is brilliant, but he does not notice things like this. This is in stark comparison to my brother-in-law Daniel (Matthew's younger brother) who notices EVERYTHING. Daniel will notice any new item of clothing, a new purse, new jewelry, and any change in someones' hair. Sorry ladies, he's married and about to be a first time father to my future nephew! So back to Daniel's gift of noticing things.
Me: Yep. I decided to try it this way for a while.
Daniel: Oh, it looks good.
Me: Thanks! (giving Matthew the evil eye)
Matthew: Thanks alot Daniel.
Anyway, the other day I rediscovered my eyelash curler and used it. I can't believe I ever dropped this step from my routine-my lashes looked fabulous. That afternoon, Matthew and I are talking:
Matthew: Honey, your lashes look really long today.
Me: (stunned) Really? Oh, I used my eyelash curler today.
Matthew: Well, they look good.
Me: Thanks babe. (swooning)
Do I care if he notices my haircut anymore? Nope.
Am I reminded of how wonderful he is and how petty I can be sometimes? Yes and yes.
Ahem. Jealousy doesn't become you ladies, go find your own!
5 comments:
Can't talk long, on my way out the door to purchase eyelash curlers.
two thumbs up matthew.
that's funny. i haven't seen my eyelash curler in months. maybe i should go dig it out of my makeup bag.
ooohhh...i too own an eyelash curler, but like you, have been neglecting it. i shall re-start the habit tomorrow.
matthew rocks. i sure do miss those meals he used to buy us! :)
i have been curling my lashes for 4 days now and i've gotten 0 compliments.
i wish i were as hot as you.
I could not have hand picked a better son-in-law!!
Post a Comment